02 February 2006

Could it be colder?

Man talk about reasons to avoid the walking round. Which I have NOT! Even though by the time I get home from the 30min walk I'm freezing and need a hot shower, just to get warmed up. The dog loves the walks as well as I'm enjoying them. I walked on tuesday without the dog and talk about lonely walking. So she comes with me everytime. I haven't had a chance to make it to the wandelbos to check out how long it would take to walk around there, but if I do that then I can't take the dog. I keep wanting to go to the woods to walk, but each time I plan to go it rains or snows or I have to do the shopping, so I just do the 30min round the neighbourhood instead. Course the wood walk would be better cause its also a 15 min bike ride away. So I'd actually be having an hour work out. Guess I need to get my butt in gear and go do that.

Yesterday when shopping for dinner with the girls, sometimes it is just SOOOOOOOOOOO hard to walk through the cookies, chips, candies and ignore them. I'm doing pretty good with that, my real downfall is ice cream. When it gets close to that time of the month. MAN... I MUST have Ben & Jerry's New York Chocolate Fudge Chunk ice cream. NOTHING else fixes the need. But I'm doing good now... 2 months no ice cream. Talk about killer when you walk past it in the store.

Well anyways the costumes are coming along slowly but surely. The girls costumes are complete aside for the devil tails. Hubby's is being a real pain in the butt with my stupid idea of applying the left over flames on his sleeves and front of the shirt. I'm having to stitch them on by hand cause the machine isn't letting me keep them flat enough.

Today for dinner is left over pea soup cause with all the sewing I have yet to get done I am SOOO not in the mood to cook anything else. Tomorrow will prolly be pizza. During the day I try very hard to be good, take my vitamins, which is just the local drugstore brand specially for women, and some apple cider vinegar tablets that will supposedly help increase my metabolism. I'm hoping, they also seem to be a type of hunger suppressant, cause I take 1 in the morning and one 30min before dinner and I'm fine with one bowl or one plate of something. And most importantly, I'm enjoying my salads (veggie or fruit) much more now. I have more energy if I stick to the fruit and veggies during the day than if I have a cheese sandwich or meat sandwich. Don't get me wrong I'm turing into a vegetarian or anything, I LIKE meat. I'm just trying to stay away from too many pasta, potato, rice or bread products. I do get my whole grains, I'll have some whole grain crackers or a piece of bread and I do eat pasta and stuff, just not as often. I have noticed when I do, that I feel sluggish and slow. So, I eat the foods that make feel better. Its also VERY hard to not drink cola and drink water or tea instead. But its getting easier. Even though I do enjoy a glass of cola once in a while. I've noticed if I have a small urge for it and I allow myself to have one glass, then I am satisfied for another few days, and each time the craving takes longer to come around. I did notice the other day, hubby had rolos in the house, and so I had some, but it was just not the same. I wasnt wanting chocolate and it didn't taste all that delicious like it used to. Know what I mean?

Well anyways, back to the sewing I go...

No comments: