09 January 2006

Happy New Year!

First off, Happy New Year.
Secondly, I am going to use this as a sort of exercise/diet journal for myself.

Today, the kids went back to school after Christmas break. So I decided, I will take advantage of the time they are gone and start myself on a walking schedule. Get up, take the kids to school, come home, get dog and go for a 30 min walk. I said I would do it, asked a friend to join me, she backed out today, but I went on anyways.

I am proud of myself for taking the first steps for myself to get some of this excess weight off. I have a Large goal of 50 kilos, but will work with smaller goals along the way. For each 5 kilos I lose I will put 50 euros into a pot. So when I lose all 50 kilos that will be 500 euros in the pot that I will use for something special. Maybe new clothes, or new shoes, or keep saving for a trip to the states, who knows. But I have set this up for myself, for no one else, no one has told me this time i have to do it. I am doing it, because I am tired of feeling like I am 60+ years old and I am just almost 32. I have my two lovely daughters who I want to see grow up into the beautiful women I am sure they will be, and be able to play with grandbabies when and if they decide to have children of their own.

I am also reading up on the www.negativecaloriesfood.com and it seems to be a good 'diet' cause its not really diet food, just making myself more aware of which foods are better for me to eat than others.

Now it is time to get this christmas tree out of my house and to get my house back in order and prepare it for Imbolc.

No comments: