Well here I was sitting, enjoying my fruit after my 30min walk with Beau this morning and eat my mandarine and my apple, and get out the mango. Supposedly its REALLY good for you to eat mangos, something about glycemic index and glycemic load.... Which has to do with how fast the body responds to whatever you are eating to make the blood sugar level rise. So a mango has a GI of 51 (which is low and good) and GL of 8, which is really good too. And for 120 grams of mango you fill up pretty fast, so I sit here slicing it in half thinking, peach like effect, you know? Slice in half pull the one half off the pit, well seems that mangos don't like doing that so I got squirted in the face and down my shirt (its a good thing it was just my shirt from walking and not clean new clothes). So I figured I'd peel half of it and eat it by slicing off bits, well it seems the dang thing has gone all yicky. Oh well... I have to go shopping in a bit anyways so I will get some new ones, they were on sale too. Which is a good thing. I need more bananas too, the kids take fruit daily to school too. I wondder what I will eat for lunch today, prolly a sandwich with cheese and mustard (which is supposedly really good too cause it ups the metabolism or something for several hours after just a small amount)> According to the negativecaloriesfood diet, mustard is an after meal metabolism booster. It can raise your metabolism by as much as 20-25% for several hours. Thats a GOOD thing, especially seen as I LOVE mustard and my metabolism can most definitely use all the boosting it can get.
My neice had her birthday yesterday and is celebrating the party today, so the kids will get out of school and we will have to hurry home for lunch because Oma will be here around 2pm to pick us up for the party. I can't forget to get something easy for dinner, I'm thinking lasagna from the cooler section of the store, just this once, I do still have the salad stuff that I had planned for dinner yesterday, but with soup, meatballs and carrots yesterday, no one was in the mood for salad. So I think that solves my problem for dinner this evening. Lasagna and salad it shall be tonight.
But anyways... now shower time and shopping time... sometimes I really hate doing the grocery shopping. I think next week wednesday I need to make a trip to the market and get fabric for the carnival clothes. I need red for hubby, and black for me and and white for the kids...
Hubby and I will be devils, him in red outfit and me in black with bits of this really awesomely cool flame fabric to accent it. The children will be my 'Devils in angel disguises' They will have little white dresses and red horns and red tails and a halo. I am gonna have to get some white spraypaint, because for some odd reason I don't think angels, even devils in disguises, don't have purple wings... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment